Living so close to Auckland’s Tamaki Drive you’re spoilt for choice of things to see and do – the obvious pull of the beach, wide boardwalks to walk, run and cycle along, with plenty of cafes to satisfy that hunger or quench that thirst.
So here are The Foodie Inc’s ten other things to do along Tamaki Drive, from one end to the other:
1. Swim at Parnell Baths, open Labour Weekend until Easter every year. So they're currently closed but can't help thinking about summer!
5. Swim with the sharks at Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium
6. Tackle the steep stairs from Mission Bay and enjoy the view from Bastion Point
7. Watch the landmark Trevor Davis Memorial Fountain, Mission Bay
8. Coffee at my local coffee place – Tana Mera, Mission Bay
9. Eat award winning gelato at The Store, Kohimarma
10. Fish & chips on one of the many beaches
If you make it as far as the boardwalk at St Heliers take the 800 metre walk up Cliff Road to Achilles Point, the view is spectacular.