By adding feijoas and a crunchy Anzac biscuit topping to the humble apple crumble, you have an even tastier autumnal dessert. Hope you enjoy.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- 2 medium apples, quartered, cored and thinly sliced (leave skin on)
- 8 feijoas, halved, then scoop flesh out with teaspoon
- 1 Tbsp runny honey
- Juice of one small lemon
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 C dried cranberries (optional)
Place all ingredients in bowl and gently toss so evenly coated with spices, honey and lemon.
Place all ingredients in oven proof skillet. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes to soften fruit. Remove from stove.
In a separate bowl combine crumble ingredients:
- 1/2 C threaded coconut
- 1/2 C rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp dark muscovado sugar
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
Spoon crumble mixture evenly over fruit. Bake for 20-25 minutes until top is golden brown and crunchy (note coconut will look toasted). Let stand for 10 minutes and then serve warm with thick Greek yoghurt.